Life is Eternal, I am falling short

'Life is short'
I tried to cheer myself up
Repeating this oft said phrase
And suddenly I see
How conniving of us to think so

Being a lover of Life
And a self declared keeper of Life
A voice in me rebelled- Life isn't short
It is eternal
It always continues
It is just me who is falling short of it

And thus pause the incessant murmurings
Gnawing at me in my "free" untethered state
As if illuminated and almost scorched
By the simple truth of this revelation
Life is eternal indeed
And I'm simply falling short of it
With each passing moment

An antidote to the burden of assumption
An assumption one easily slips into
With a few tasks undertaken
Thinking oneself to be the carrier
Of this life and the world

How relieving thus
To be reminded otherwise

No comments:

Post a Comment