Reborn

The last I heard was, someone calling my name.
Though it wasn't addressed to me, and I swiftly slipped into a state of unconsciousness-
Into a light and dizzy dream,
Relieved of all burden of thought.

As I came about--consciousness gently tugging at me--rousing me from a deep sleep of a few moments which felt more like a rebirth after a long sojourn,
The first thing I sensed,
Was the warm touch of your soft palm on my forehead,
Comforting me into a slow slumber.

I struggled to open my eyes and make sense of my surroundings and to know how I got there and what time of day it was-
And I heard your voice--familiar and sweet--cajoling me into a relaxed stupor to rest trustfully in abandon.

Yes, it was okay to not worry about where I was or to make sense of everything at once--as long as you were beside me keeping a close watch-- and I calmly drifted into a warm slumber,
Awash in a swell of gratitude.

I awaken fully later--revitalised and reborn--as if with a gift of a new life, a new perspective, and with a renewed vitality and vigour that I had missed for so very long.
So, thank you--Thank you for being with me through this trying period of unease and for making it look so easy by distracting me from its pain by your mere presence, thank you so much (*)

No comments:

Post a Comment