Sunset


Hiding out watching the proceeding in stealth
He and me cower behind the wall peeping now and again
You sure don't want them to find you out spyin' em all
Jingles are streaming from within the homely house
The bears are busy preparing for some celebration
It feels Christmasy
And here I am struggling to paint the eyebrow with chocolate
His? Mine? Whose? I don't know; as if the eyebrow was a character in itself!
With a sense of urgency, fly the brush strokes
This way and that way and every which way
And yet it doesn't seem to work, just the way it should be, so it feels just right!
"HELLO THERE!" calls out a voice startling me out of my wits
I wasn't supposed to get caught!
I look up and I see Mama bear looking at me straight in the eye
I stand stumped
They aren't supposed to be smiling at intruders!
It wasn't supposed to be this way, or so I was told...
I see her smiling at me as if she was glad she found me!
What was there to be scared of? I wonder why they told me so...
In a clear crisp jolly tone, she said, "My name is Sunset!"
"My man there, he is called Sunrise!
I am waking up and I hear her call out loud
"Don't forget (dear?) Myyyy naaaame iiiiis Sunseeeeet!"
I remember thinking, no wonder she is so pink
I wake up smiling and wondering which magical world I just came from?
Why did I go there in the first place?
Mama bear's call- Was it a plea of sorts?
I wish I was allowed to go back there
I wish I could join them as a guest
I wish Mama bear and I could have a looooong chat
I wish she told me more of her story!
She seemed quite enthusiastic to meet me!
She was looking straight at me I tell you!
As if she knew where I came from
As if she knew I was travelling in a dream
Her straight piercing look I guess pierced through my dream and broke the link...
I know I'll meet her again when she'll think I'm ready to
If you're listening Mama bear, I'm here! Come find me!
And who was with me anyway?
I thought twas my grand-dad, like Gandalf or Tolkien?
Or is that wishful thinking?
And now I'm not sure at all if it even was an old man after all.
Has anyone else here met Sunset? Or Sunrise?
I'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment