Peace

I was scared I'd end up doing something I don't want to.
Silly me, didn't realise that I have a choice to do what I want to and especially that I also have a choice to stop doing that, when it stops being what I want to do!
Simple.
I was scared because I thought I didn't know how to say no.
Now I am less scared because I know what I want:
Peace.
And if I find myself in a situation where my peace is endangered,
I know I must distance myself.
So far so good.
But what is the point of having inner peace and distancing myself from the world?
That's easy.
Inevitably things from the world will keep coming to disrupt my peace and I can keep going away as long as it serves me, but there will come a point when distancing or running away disturbs my peace.
Now what?
To be where I am and to understand what it is that's troubling the world so much?
Or what it is that is troubling me about the world so much?
If I can have my peace and the world wants peace too, maybe we can work together for peace?
And it cannot happen if I am not going to be present- and I cannot be present until I have figured out how is it that I get my peace- what is it that enables me to feel peaceful and when I figure that out for myself, it becomes about being aware of that as and when something comes along to disturb it...?
To ask: 'What do you want?'
Maybe then we can work together to help each other get what the other wants.
And it helps to ask the question now and again-
Why do you want what you want?
It may reveal answers towards the essence of what is it really and truly that one wants?
More often than not, it may be love or understanding or any such basic urge; more than anything-
To be heard. 
To get some space for that individuality...?
Who knows?
But one thing's for sure: If peace is what I want, then I must become peace.
Would I like that?
I don't mind it being one aspect of me. Ahem.

By the way,
What do YOU want?
What would you like to become?

4 comments:

  1. Wow some amazing introspection as always my friend. Riveting writing. As far as what I want to become? I want to become a person who is not afraid to make my dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith for your ever-present kindnesses! After a point, there was this realisation that what I really really want at this point in life more than anything is to see the world with my friend; and somehow there is a sense that everything else will just follow. Almost a feeling as if the Universe has noted all our dreams down and now it is all about just trusting it and letting it all happen!

      PS: I always end up writing replies as separate comments- I wonder if you get notifications?

      Delete
    2. I only get them when I come back to a blog to follow up, like this :)

      Delete