The Lady in the Sky


I saw a Lady in the Sky
With a river of hair flowing by
In a gentle stance so shy
That she managed not even a- Hi !

O why o why?
Would she not even try?
I don't mean to pry-
But what's the meaning of this sly?

Up in the sky did she fly
and caught my attention so high
Almost as if I'd heard a cry
Seems strangely strange aye?

So, whether you are a gal or a guy,
This is a story you've got to buy.
Believe you me- This ain't a lie.
Says who? Says I.

In the arms of drifting fluffs did she lie
Teasing away at the limits o the eye
And she gave a look so wry-
I knew the time to depart was nigh.

Along the shores of that river awhile, did my boat ply
I could only hope it never ran dry
And I saw her knot her hair into a tie-
That's when I heard her goodbye, a bye without a hi.

I look back now with a sigh-
And smile knowing well, up again will she fly!
So, If you see a lady in the sky-
Don't forget to tell her my Hi !

And whether you are a gal or a guy,
This is a story you've got to buy.
Believe you me- This ain't a lie!
Says who? Says I.




No comments:

Post a Comment